Description Revit is a design and documentation platform that supports the design, drawings, and schedules required for building information modeling (BIM). BIM delivers information about project design, scope, quantities, and phases when you need it.
Revit uses Parametric Modeling Relationships. Parametric modeling refers to the relationships among all elements in a project that enable the coordination and change management that Revit provides. These relationships are created either automatically by the software or by you as you work.
For a comparision between Revit and Revit LT
For a comparision between AutoCAD LT and Revit LT
Note: Items in grey are only available in the Full Version of Revit
Revit LT Included Features:
- Walls, curtain walls, floors, roofs, ceilings & columns
- Loadable family components (Doors, windows, etc.) Design options
- Rooms and areas
- Site modeling
- Stairs and ramps
- Structural walls, floor slab
- Structural foundation wall and Isolated
- Structural columns, beams, and braces
- Slanted columns
- Advanced Steel Connections for Revit* Reinforcement, Rebar modeling
- HVAC duct systems
- Mechanical Equipment
- Piping and plumbing systems
- Fabrication Parts
- Electrical and lighting systems
- Create groups for repeating elements Family editor environment
- In-place modeling (Walls only for Revit LT)
- Shaped Edited Floors and Roofs
- Global Parameters
- Conceptual massing, adaptive components
Presentation and visualization
- Sketchy lines
- Shadows and Ambient Shadows Architectural Depth Cueing
- Displaced elements
- Realistic view styles
- Orthographic and perspective views, walk-throughs
- Smooth lines with Anti-aliasing
- Occlusion Culling
- Cloud Rendering
- Photorealistic Materials
- In Product Rendering
- Ray trace (in-canvas rendering)
- Area analysis
- Analytical model
- Structural loads and boundary conditions
- Heating and cooling loads
- Massing studies
- Solar studies (only still images available for export)
- 2D detail lines, 2D detail components
- Revision tracking
- Dimensioning, tagging, Annotation, and Text Phasing
- Schedules, material takeoff
- Embedded Schedules
- Panel Schedules, Duct and Pipe Pressure loss reports View filters
- Graphical Column Schedules
- Interference check, copy/monitor
- Worksharing (multiuser environment)
- Shared coordinates among projects
- Revit Server
Linking and working with other Revit Files
- Open and work with all Revit file types
- Link files from other Revit applications
- Tag and schedule elements in link files
- Copy/Paste elements from links
- Customize the visibility of linked models
Links/Imports other formats
- DWGTM, DXF file format, TrustedDWG technology Images (JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF)
- DGN, SketchUp, DWF markup
- Point clouds
- DWG, DXF, DGN, DWF, DWFx
- Room/Area Reports, Schedules
- Solar studies (only still images available for export) IFC
- SAT, ADSK, gbXML, ODBC, family types
Application Programming Interface (API)
- Application programming interface (API) SDK
- 3rd Party API add-ins
- Dynamo for Revit
- Scope boxes sort alphanumerically
The Scope Box drop-down list in the Properties palette now lists scope boxes in alphanumeric order
- Expand/collapse the Project Browser with right-click commands
Quickly expand or collapse all or part of the Project Browser using new right-click commands. For example, right-click Views and select Expand Selected to expand the Project Browser to list all views. Or right-click any top-level node or white space in the browser and select Collapse All to quickly collapse all nodes in the Project Browser. These commands allow you to more quickly navigate the Project Browser to locate the items you want to work on.
- Fill Patterns dialog
The dialog is reorganized and improved to streamline the workflow and achieve consistency with other areas of the user interface. A new Search field allows you to quickly locate patterns. And if you need to rescale imported patterns, you can do so without re-importing the file.
- Section box shape control
The Section Box shape control has been improved so you can more reliably adjust a section box.
- Schedule model groups and RVT links
To better document models, you can select Model Groups or RVT Links as categories when creating a schedule.
- Add parameters to model groups, RVT links, and schedules
To support organizing additional data in models, you can create custom parameters for one of these new categories from the Project Parameters dialog. Custom parameters can also be associated to global parameters where applicable.
- Rich text in labels
To produce more consistent drawings in documentation, labels now use rich text format to better match text notes.
- New family content
To support the work of architects, new content is available for the following Revit LT family types: windows, furniture systems, and domestic appliances. For details and to download the content
- Multistory stairs
You can create a multistory stair from a component-based stair by selecting the building levels. Multistory stairs automatically adjust if level heights change.
Compare Newer Features of Revit LT 2019
- Revit Home:
Revit Home is a new user experience that modernizes the way you access, store, and share project information. It replaces and improves the Recent Files window and supports cloud-based project management. This change is the first step in improving how you open and access models and project-related files.
- Site collaboration:
To streamline the process of developing, using, and sharing topography data for a project, Revit LT supports interoperability workflows with Civil 3D.
- Modernized user interface
To simplify view management and support the way you work, the following improvements have been made
- Background fill patterns
When defining the graphic representation of model elements (using materials or graphic overrides for filters, phases, categories, or elements), you can now specify a background color and fill pattern, in addition to the foreground color and fill pattern. Use these patterns to distinguish elements visually in views, improve the readability of project documentation, and meet office or industry standards
- Import models with background and foreground fill patterns from AutoCAD:
When you export a model with a background solid fill pattern and a foreground fill pattern from Revit LT to AutoCAD and re-import it to Revit LT, the model retains the double fill pattern.
- Uncropped perspective views
To improve the modeling process in 3D views, the Crop View tool on the View Control Bar can be deselected in perspective views. See Crop a View.
- Align sections:
You can use the Align command to select the line for a section view and use it as the reference for alignment or as the object to align. For example, you can align a section line with an angled wall. In addition, snaps are enabled for section lines, so you can snap while moving a section line, or snap to a section line during the placement of another element. When placing a section, you can snap to geometry for the start and end points of the section line by using the Snap Overrides option of the context menu.
- Dimensions for curved objects in section views
You can now annotate geometry from references created by edges, curves, and points in a non-perpendicular view plane. See About Placing Dimensions on Non-perpendicular Cut Geometry.
- Move a surface pattern on top of a wall
You can drag, rotate, and align patterns on the painted top surface of a wall to adjust and align them.
- Learning videos
To make it easier to find learning videos related to specific features, each video now resides on its own help page, and the page title starts with "Video:", clearly identifying it as such in the left navigation pane. These pages also have related topic links so you can easily go from a video page to other help pages for more information about the feature. Other help pages have links back to these videos, where appropriate. To locate videos about a feature, search the help for "video <feature>"
Software Compatibility Matrix
Tech Specs Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (64bit Only)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64bit Only)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64bit Only)
2.5–2.9 GHz processor with SSE2 technology
Recommended: 3+ GHz processor
4 GB (8 GB recommended)
1920 x 1080 (3840 x 2160 supported) with capable display card
1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later)
.NET Framework Version 4.7
- Software License/Serial Key
- DVD Package
- Installation CD/DVD
Notes Product Satisfaction Guarantee & Disclaimer:
This product may not be new. The product has been verified to be genuine and no longer in use by the previous owner.
We offer a Total Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, for any reason, you can return your purchase within 14 days of the purchase date.
Some assistance may be required for activation of Pre-Owned products . If you have any issues activate this product please contact us.
- Software License/Serial Key
- DVD Package
- Installation CD/DVD