Description Revit is a design and documentation platform that supports the design, drawings, and schedules required for building information modeling (BIM). BIM delivers information about project design, scope, quantities, and phases when you need it.
Revit uses Parametric Modeling Relationships. Parametric modeling refers to the relationships among all elements in a project that enable the coordination and change management that Revit provides. These relationships are created either automatically by the software or by you as you work.
For a comparision between Revit and Revit LT
For a comparision between AutoCAD LT and Revit LT
Note: Items in grey are only available in the Full Version of Revit
Revit LT Included Features:
- Walls, curtain walls, floors, roofs, ceilings & columns
- Loadable family components (Doors, windows, etc.) Design options
- Rooms and areas
- Site modeling
- Stairs and ramps
- Structural walls, floor slab
- Structural foundation wall and Isolated
- Structural columns, beams, and braces
- Slanted columns
- Advanced Steel Connections for Revit* Reinforcement, Rebar modeling
- HVAC duct systems
- Mechanical Equipment
- Piping and plumbing systems
- Fabrication Parts
- Electrical and lighting systems
- Create groups for repeating elements Family editor environment
- In-place modeling (Walls only for Revit LT)
- Shaped Edited Floors and Roofs
- Global Parameters
- Conceptual massing, adaptive components
Presentation and visualization
- Sketchy lines
- Shadows and Ambient Shadows Architectural Depth Cueing
- Displaced elements
- Realistic view styles
- Orthographic and perspective views, walk-throughs
- Smooth lines with Anti-aliasing
- Occlusion Culling
- Cloud Rendering
- Photorealistic Materials
- In Product Rendering
- Ray trace (in-canvas rendering)
- Area analysis
- Analytical model
- Structural loads and boundary conditions
- Heating and cooling loads
- Massing studies
- Solar studies (only still images available for export)
- 2D detail lines, 2D detail components
- Revision tracking
- Dimensioning, tagging, Annotation, and Text Phasing
- Schedules, material takeoff
- Embedded Schedules
- Panel Schedules, Duct and Pipe Pressure loss reports View filters
- Graphical Column Schedules
- Interference check, copy/monitor
- Worksharing (multiuser environment)
- Shared coordinates among projects
- Revit Server
Linking and working with other Revit Files
- Open and work with all Revit file types
- Link files from other Revit applications
- Tag and schedule elements in link files
- Copy/Paste elements from links
- Customize the visibility of linked models
Links/Imports other formats
- DWGTM, DXF file format, TrustedDWG technology Images (JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF)
- DGN, SketchUp, DWF markup
- Point clouds
- DWG, DXF, DGN, DWF, DWFx
- Room/Area Reports, Schedules
- SAT, ADSK, gbXML, ODBC, family types
Application Programming Interface (API)
- Application programming interface (API) SDK
- 3rd Party API add-ins
- Dynamo for Revit
- IFC links and rooms
When creating rooms in the host model, you can use many IFC-based elements to define room boundaries.
To improve annotation and scheduling of architectural floors, the following fields are now available
Elevation at Top and Elevation at Bottom
- Place Rooms
Use the Place Rooms Automatically tool to quickly place rooms in all closed and bounded areas on the current level.
- Steel profiles
The Structural Section category for structural columns and framing elements provides new dimension parameters for columns and framing elements.
- Elevation parameters
To improve annotation and scheduling, the following fields are available
- Rebar display performance
To improve performance so that views open and update faster, Revit LT regenerates reinforcement only for what is visible on the screen. In addition, if reinforcement appears very small on the screen, it is displayed as simplified lines, regardless of the detail level assigned to the view.
You cannot use Revit LT to add reinforcement to models. However, if you use Revit LT to open a model that contains reinforcement, you can see it.
- Rotate Project North
In addition to rotating model elements, this tool also rotates view-specific detail elements, including text notes, detail lines, filled regions, revision clouds, and more. The tool is enabled for plan views only.
The following enhancements are available in the Sheet Issues/Revisions dialog
◦ The ability to select multiple rows in the dialog makes it easy to delete multiple revisions at once.
◦ You can change the starting number for a numeric sequence to zero or any positive number.
◦ Alphabetic sequence type is now "alphanumeric," and it can accept any custom sequence of characters. Each value in the sequence can consist of more than one character.
◦ Add a prefix and/or suffix to display with values in a sequence.
- Open sheet view
To quickly open and identify the sheet on which a view is placed, in the Project Browser, right-click the view name, and click Open Sheet. The Open Sheet option is disabled in the context menu when the view is not placed on a sheet, or when the view is a schedule or a legend.
Compare Newer Features of Revit LT 2017
- Depth cueing
Depth cueing (available in architectural views and coordination views) allows you to better visualize elevation views and section views. This graphic display feature uses gradient presentation to indicate the elements that are farthest away and the elements that are closest to the front of the view.
- Hosted Railings
You can now sketch railings onto the top faces of floors, slabs, slab edges, walls, or roofs. Balusters and railings adjust to the slope of irregular surfaces.
- Display of walls
To improve performance so that views open and update faster, Revit LT regenerates walls only for those visible in the drawing area. In addition, if a wall appears very small in the drawing area, it displays as simplified lines, regardless of the detail level assigned to the view.
- Export to FBX
When exporting a 3D model view to FBX, select the correct format to ensure import compatibility
FBX Files for import in 2016+ version products, or FBX 2015 and Previous for import in 2015 and earlier version products.
- Split columns
To improve workflows and extend usability for fabrication models, the Split Element tool can now split vertical columns at the desired points.
- Column base attachment
The Attach Top/Base command can now attach structural columns to isolated foundations and footings. Adjustments to the foundation height cause the length of the column to adjust accordingly.
- Structural foundation parameters
To achieve consistency and use more recognizable terminology, several reporting parameters have been renamed or changed for wall foundations, isolated foundations, and slab foundations.
- New parameters for slab documentation
To improve tagging and scheduling of floors, 2 new parameters allow you to specify the default (total) thickness and core thickness of floor types. Use these parameters for schedules and tagging. When one floor layer is set to "variable" and the sub-element has a variable thickness, the parameters display the value "Varies."
- Text Notes Enchanment
The text editor has been enhanced to add text notes directly in canvas. During editing, text displays in the correct font and style. Other text editor improvements include the following
- View templates for schedules and assembly views
To simplify the reuse of schedules, create a schedule view template. Schedule view templates include parameters for Fields, Filter, Sorting/Grouping, Formatting, Appearance, and Phase Filter. If the model contains RVT links or design options, Visibility/Graphics Overrides parameters are also available. In addition to schedules, you can apply view templates to assembly views, supporting authoring for prefabrication. If you need to change the layout of schedules, just edit the template; all dependent schedules are automatically updated.
Software Compatibility Matrix
Tech Specs Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (64bit Only)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64bit Only)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64bit Only)
2.5–2.9 GHz processor with SSE2 technology
Recommended: 3+ GHz processor
4 GB (8 GB recommended)
1920 x 1080 (3840 x 2160 supported) with capable display card
1 GB GPU with 29 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
Recommended: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/s Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
Google Chrome or Internet Explorer 7.0 (or later)
.NET Framework Version 4.7
- Software License/Serial Key
- DVD Package
- Installation CD/DVD
Notes Product Satisfaction Guarantee & Disclaimer:
This product may not be new. The product has been verified to be genuine and no longer in use by the previous owner.
We offer a Total Satisfaction Guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, for any reason, you can return your purchase within 14 days of the purchase date.
Some assistance may be required for activation of Pre-Owned products . If you have any issues activate this product please contact us.
- Software License/Serial Key
- DVD Package
- Installation CD/DVD